The Yosemite bedroom recreates the improvised, utilitarian look of early 20th century factory furniture. Roughhewn planks bear the characteristic saw marks, dents, pits, and random knots of logs milled on the steam powered circular and sash saws of the era. A rustic white finish balances transparency and opacity to showcase these natural imperfections. Exposed bolts, hammered metal pulls, cross-braces and a tilt-style mirror evoke the ingenuity and earnestness that characterized the turn of the century. Modern conveniences include full extension ball bearing drawer glides for maximum storage capacity and smooth, efficient operation. Felt lined top drawers provide storage for valuables and the nightstand features a convenient a pull out tray. Choose from headboards with cross braced detailing or cushioned linen panels fashioned with nail head trim. Bed frames include 5 cross slats with center leg supports for use with a box spring and mattress. Crafted entirely from solid wood, the Yosemite bedroom uses mortise and tenon frames, tongue and groove tops and frame and panel sides for strength and durability. 5-sided hardwood plywood drawer boxes with English dovetail corners are sanded and stained to match the exterior finish. The latest trend in design invites us to create our own unique spaces by combining different styles, finishes, textures and materials. The Yosemite bedroom is equally suited for a post-industrial downtown loft, a swanky brownstone or a suburban farmhouse. The versatile rustic white finish pairs well with bold, vibrant colors or muted and earthy tones. Soften the stark industrial aesthetic with plush rugs and bedding or embrace it with minimalist textiles and edgy metal accents. Black pulls and bolts will coordinate with most stainless or brushed nickel accessories and contrast with bronze or copper tones.
- Constructed from solid pine to replicate the industrial, turn of the century aesthetic
- Sanded & stained solid wood drawer boxes with front and rear English dovetail joinery for maximum rigidity and lasting quality; dust cover under bottom drawer; Full extension, ball bearing drawer slides for smooth, efficient operation and ample weight capacity; felt lined top drawers
- Can be used with or without 3 3/8 inch legs; simple 5 minute assembly procedure to install legs if desired
- Hammered metal bar pulls add to the industrial appeal with an improvised, hand-forged look
- Hand-hewn planks are carefully selected and joined to preserve natural saw marks, imperfections and varying depths from the milling process
- Unique Rustic White finish is an off white with soft gray undertones and just enough opacity to show clearly defined wood grain and a low-sheen lacquer that enhances depth and accentuates saw marks and rough spots without looking glossy
- Frame-and-panel construction, dowel joinery, and tongue-and-groove joinery ensure structural integrity; all wood is kiln dried for added strength and lasting beauty
- Please keep in mind that natural wood must breathe and is affected by environmental conditions. Expect to see shrinkage or expansion and plank movement over time. These are normal occurrences that will not affect the structural integrity of the piece. With proper care, this solid wood furniture product should last for generations
- Fronts, tops and sides are solid pine; tray, drawer boxes, drawer bottoms, back panels and dust covers are hardwood plywood
Leave the heavy lifting to Dodd’s Delivery.
We’re more than just the safe transportation of your purchase. We offer a friendly and comprehensive service designed to handle every detail of delivery. Dodd’s Delivery Service is available for Vancouver Island only.
After your purchase, you’ll be contacted for your delivery date. This date is usually within two weeks and is based on product and delivery availability in your area.
If you're unsure about delivery, email VIP@doddsfurniture.com
Any additional charges, will be notified beforehand. Customers can call the store at 250-388-6663
Looking to have your old pieces hauled-away? We can do that too! Email us at VIP@Doddsfurniture.com for a quote